Sunday, August 10, 2008

How to Apply For a Marriage License in Alaska

The Last Frontier is the perfect place for your nuptials. Alaska offers more state and federal parks, not to mention the largest mass and the most shoreline, of any state in the US. Take a boat or water plane to one of the hundreds of islands or reserve your spot in one of the cozy B&Bs for your wedding. If you re planning an Alaskan wedding, make sure you get your marriage license at least three days before your wedding.

Collect one picture ID and the social security number for both the bride and groom.

Gather certified final divorce decrees if either or both parties have been married previously. Alternatively, a certificate of death of a previous spouse should be obtained.

Visit the Web site under the Resources section to find the phone number of the location of the marriage license issuing office in the county where the ceremony will take place.

Call the county recorder s office to inquire about the hours and directions to the county office you will be applying.

Head to the county office with bride, groom, documentation and $25 cash within three to 90 days of the ceremony. Alternatively, the application can be faxed or mailed in.

No comments: